Friday, August 12, 2011

Goodbye Polly and Grunt

This week 2 more pigs have been rehomed. Polly and Grunt have gone to a great home where they are getting a lot a tummy tickles and love. I am going to miss those two beautiful girls. They were great fun to have around here. Both Polly and Grunt love to tootle up the driveway with their friend Elvis, help me  load the Ute with the daily feed and then tootle back down behind the Ute. They are very clever, I only just discovered last week that they will sit for an apple. Polly did it when I was loading the Ute with apples. The other day Polly was very busy running around gathering straw and bailage to make a comfortable bed for her and Grunt to spoon in. When she had finished and it was looking good enough for even me to sleep in she went and slept somewhere else. They are both real characters, I am very happy they have found a great home, they really do deserve it.  

Sophie the baby goat is doing very well. She still follows me everywhere, she loves coming up with me to feed the monkeys. There is a big bank she loves to run up and down. Sophie also comes with me on the quad bike to feed Mabel and the other cows. I have been tucking her inside my jacket, however I am getting the impression she thinks she is big enough to stand on the back. I will try it tomorrow; see if she can handle my driving :-). Sophie is very cuddly and affectionate, whenever I am sitting down she is either trying to jump on my back or  is sitting on my knee for cuddles.   

Our elderly one winged Hawk, Steve, has passed away. We still have Steve’s 2 girlfriends rehabilitating in our care. One looks as though she might be ready to fly again soon, it is very exciting, I love when we get to set them free again.   

We have a new Kereru and seagull rehabilitating. We picked them up from the Wellington Zoo. Both are eating very well and have settled in nicely.          

That is all for this week, keep an eye out for next weeks blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment